Tuesday, June 12, 2012

The Journey of Before and After Restoration of Furniture

Since I am having this big energy surge to finish some of the furniture projects, let me take the time and show some of the accomplished ones. Hopefully it will encourage you to tackle some of your old projects as it has me.
This 1920's vanity had great bones but the paint job was not exactly what I had in mind. I had more like dreams of soft white with a bit of distress.
The minute my eyes laid hold on this sofa, I was in love. At its previous state it was sagging, sad and droopy with great bones. However with new inerts and outers it came to life again. Now it is the most comfortable piece of furniture in the shop. ;-)

Nothing is more beautiful than the carvings on 1920's mahogany. I know some will think that this is comitting sacrilege however I see it as bringing new life to a beautiful display. I love painting on mahogany because it is smooth as butter.

No one wanted to look at this chair until the tranformation. I don't think it lasted a day in the shop.
This side table has classic French lines and I had to try out a new paint on it. Benjamin Moore primer and paint in one.
Great bones and wrong fabric...my newest endeavor to paint on fabric. Mission accomplished. Now from floral nightmare to white chenille dreams.

The garage is calling me, I must run.

Love,

Mia



1 comment:

  1. haay mia! these look great!! here is the link to my blog:http://epibracelets.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete