Sunday, May 27, 2012

My Upcycled Greenhouse

Summer has been approaching fast. Therefore I had to hurry up and get my greenhouse started. Since I am not much of a builder ;-) I had to beg my bohemian son, Jon, to come and build his mom her dream greenhouse. He may be shabby, but he is very able to build me anything I give him a picture of...A couple of years ago he build for me a pergola and painted it in the carribean colors that remind me of the ocean and the beach.
So, finally this month he showed up at my doorstep with his 2 friends and their dog to build me my greenhouse. He said this will be my Mother's Day gift! He is so cute!
I was prepared for him...I gathered all of my vintage windows, shutters and old doors. Bought some cedar and some treated lumber. All cedar would have been over my budget. And here we go....
Great start the 4 posts are almost in...
It got hot and Maya, the dog, had to take a break. She was the supervisor of this operations. Each day she laid around watching them. Hehe...good girl, Maya.


We decided to make each wall different and patch smaller spaces with blinds and scrapwood.
Time for a break! There is Jon, Josh and Haley!

Finally my entrance door was put in.
We had run out of the roofing material and had to go back to Lowes and pick up one more sheet. As we were driving off the parking lot, the wind almost took the sheet off the truck, so I decided to ride on the back and sit on it so it won't fly away! LOL.
There goes another siesta due to the heat that hit us...Josh just crashed. He did not even make it into the house. And of course that was my opportunity to take more pictures of him...lol

Here is the completed greenhouse. I just have to add a couple of details to the roof and the front top and we will be ready for winter planting.
XOXO
Mia

2 comments:

  1. love the hard work,looks like it will fun and so usefull....take a look at my blog,did some work on it and got some help

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you...it was a lot of work but definetly useful...I will check on your blog now...

    ReplyDelete